Vegan Golden Milk Recipe
Here's a super simple recipe for a warm, delicious cup of vegan golden milk. It also includes fresh ginger for some added spice, plus black pepper for better curcumin absorption. Kick back, relax, and enjoy this soothing beverage.
- 2 cups coconut milk (or any other plant based milk)
- 2 tsp ground turmeric if you feel the flavor is too strong, start with half this amount
- 1 (1") piece of fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper optional
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp honey optional
- 2 star anise pods optional
Heat up the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Add the ground ginger, turmeric, black pepper (if using), cinnamon, cardamom and star anise pods (if using), combining well.
Simmer for 5 minutes and add honey, mixing well.
Strain the milk into individual cups and enjoy warm.