Vegan Chickpea Salad Recipe
This salad is very simple, versatile and super refreshing. Since chickpeas are rich in fiber and protein, it will surely keep you satisfied.
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed preferably packed without salt
- ½ fresh cucumber, chopped leave the skin on for extra fiber
- ½ medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh basil, or ¼ tsp dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
Mix all the vegetables, herbs and chickpeas in a bowl.
In another bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper well, and add to the chickpeas. Combine well.
Let stand covered in the refrigerator for at least an hour, to allow the flavors to develop.
Serve as a salad, in wraps, or grind in a food processor to serve it as a dip.