This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links means that sometimes if you click through to a website and register or purchase something, I may get a commission from that sale at no extra cost to you. For more information click here.
If you’ve been struggling with your relationship to food, intuitive eating affirmations may be the solution for you. Intuitive eating is all about honoring your body and listening to its signals. When you practice intuitive eating, you learn how to trust yourself and your body. This can be a difficult process, but using affirmations can help make it easier. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best intuitive eating affirmations for helping you heal your relationship with food.
How do affirmations work?
Affirmations, or mantras, are a powerful way to change your thought patterns and ultimately your behavior (1). When you repeat an affirmation, you are programming your mind to believe it. This can be a very effective way to change your habits, especially if you have been struggling to make a change on your own.
Intuitive eating affirmations work in a similar way. By repeating these affirmations, you are telling your mind that you are capable of following your intuition and making choices based on your own body wisdom. The more you repeat these affirmations, the more likely you are to start believing them and following through with them in your everyday life.
And if you want to learn more about working with me on your intuitive eating journey, you can schedule a FREE 15 minute discovery call here!
How to use affirmations as intuitive eating techniques
You can use these affirmations in a number of ways. This can involve writing journal prompts for intuitive eating, repeating positive statements to yourself, or writing affirmations on sticky notes and placing them where you’ll see them often.
These affirmations can help to remind you of your goals to find food freedom and learn to eat from a place of body wisdom.
By taking the time to connect with your affirmations, you can start to make intuitive eating a part of your everyday life, while improving your relationship with food.
15 Intuitive Eating Affirmations
- I respect my body’s needs and wants, and honor its natural cues for hunger and satiety.
- I am free to eat what I want, when I want, and how much I want.
- All foods are allowed, and there are no “good” or “bad” foods.
- I appreciate my body for all that it does for me, and I am grateful for the pleasure that food brings me.
- I respect my body and treat it with care.
- I am gentle with myself and allow myself to make mistakes.
- I choose foods that make me feel good, both physically and emotionally.
- I deserve to eat what makes me feel good.
- I accept myself completely, just as I am.
- I trust my body to guide me towards the foods that are best for me.
- I am not my weight or the food I eat; I am so much more than that.
- Food is meant to be enjoyed, not feared.
- I will treat my body with kindness and compassion, both now and in the future.
- I am worthy of nourishment.
- Cravings are normal and okay; they are just my body’s way of telling me what it needs.
Intuitive eating is a process that takes time and practice, but the affirmations I’ve shared can help set you on the right path. Start by picking one or two that resonate with you and repeating them daily. As you continue to work through your relationship with food, keep these affirmations in mind as a source of strength and support. What are some of your favorite intuitive eating affirmations?
Hi! I’m Melissa, Registered Dietitian and mother of two dragons. When I’m not talking nutrition you can find me rolling around the floor with my kids, sewing, crafting, cooking or missing the 90s (seriously, music just isn’t the same). Read More…